4 Tips for Selecting Vendors for Your Wedding Day.
Planning your wedding is about you and your partner but there are many other important people that can make the day extra special. The vendors at your wedding are key players in making sure that the day is memorable, organized and fun for your guests. Vendors include anyone who is providing a service at your wedding like photographers, wedding planners, caterers, florists, videographers, cake designers and officiants. At Hacienda Sarria we help our couples organize all their vendors for the day. Here are our tips on how to make the process perfect for you.
1. Hire vendors that respect your budget.
- Spend time with your partner to decide on the most important parts of your day then allocate more money to those areas. For example; if music is important to you, you might want to spend more money on a guitarist for the ceremony and a live band for the reception instead of a huge cake and large floral displays.
- Be honest with your vendors about your budget but also be realistic. It is probably not likely that you will get 25 large table floral arrangements for $25 a piece.
2. Go with your gut.
- Many venues and friends will have recommendations about the vendors for your wedding. Take the time to really talk to them to see if your personality and style match. If your photographer does not make you feel comfortable on your first meeting, think about how you’ll feel hanging out with them for hours during the day of your wedding.
- Ask to talk to recent couples who have used the vendor services for their wedding. They might be able to give you the inside scoop as well as any tips that they learned while working with this vendor.
- When it comes to wedding details; communication is key! Choose vendors that are very detail oriented and commit to specific communication touch points throughout the planning process.
- Let your vendors know your expectations and the details that are important to you on your special day.
- Vendors who take the time to learn about you and your partner will be able to provide services that really capture your individuality.
4. The Wedding Day.
- On the day of your wedding you should be focused on your partner and your guests. Designate a friend or family member to pay all vendors and make sure they are where they need to be. Make sure this person has the cell phone numbers of all the vendors involved.
- At Hacienda Sarria, our wedding planners make sure all vendors are present and accounted for on the day of your wedding so that you can have fun and relax.