Working at a venue that does not require a lot of decor to enhance the space becomes a huge stress relief for our clients when they are planning their event. Saying that, we all know how important it is to personalize the space and make it your very own. There is usually a time when a client becomes aware that it's time to outsource a professional decorator to ensure the dream becomes a reality.
Lynne from Special Events and Flowers in Cambridge is one of Hacienda Sarria's recommended decorators. Here are a few helpful hints Lynne suggests when choosing a decorator for your wedding or special event.
1) Go with a professional decorator and visit their showroom to view the inventory. The more inventory the decorator has in-house, the more cost effective it will be in the long run.
2) Follow up with the referrals by contacting previous clients, venues and staff that the decorator has worked with. Look at the decorators facebook page and read testimonials to get a good sense of who they are and how they work.
3) Go with your gut. Choose a decorator you feel comfortable with. It is important to feel as though communication is open and the vendor feels more of a friend than a vendor, after all they end up being part of your family for the most important day of your lives.
4) Your decorator should present you with a mock set-up a few weeks before the event. At this point you should expect to see a table set up with your linens, centre piece, napkins and a a few last deco items. If seasonal flowers are incorporated this is a great time to view the actual flowers you will be using.
5) Whats your back up plan? The decorator should explain who will be assiting you if they have a family emergency. Does the decorator have a sister company they work with?
I hope this helps you narrow your choice down and of course you can always come to us at the Hacienda if you have any questions!
All the best,