Are you a Jay Gatsby or a James Bond?
Whether you are saying “I do” on a sandy beach, in a glittering ballroom or the garden of a historic mansion, you will want to make sure you look dashing on your wedding day. Today, men have a wide variety of options for formal attire, as well as more opportunities than ever, to incorporate funky and unique touches to their ensemble.
Depending on the location, time of day, and how formal your wedding is, will help determine what to wear for both yourself and your groomsmen. Below are 6 tips on how to dress, so you look handsome on your wedding day:
1. Tuxedo: rent vs. buy? A black tux is classic wedding attire; a few things to consider are: Is the wedding black-tie? What is the bride wearing? What are the groomsmen and bridal party wearing? Investing in a tuxedo can make sense if you attend a lot of formal events, however, if you rarely get dressed up, renting a tuxedo is a good option. Some rental shops even have a discount if you your whole bridal party rents from them!
2. Suit and tie: If you are wearing a suit, there are many options today for cut, colour and fabric: choose from pinstripe, linen, grey, blue, black, the list goes on!
3. A perfect fit: Visit a tailor to make sure your suit or tuxedo fit perfectly; you don’t want to try on your pants the morning of your wedding and realize they are too short and you look like you are expecting a flood!
4. Personalize accessories: Grooms! Let your personality shine through here with fun accessories. From nerdy cufflinks to crazy socks to an unusual boutonnière, there are so many options to be creative! If you have a love for Star Wars or perhaps are a big hockey fan, why not wear some quirky cufflinks on your wedding day?
5. Hair cut: Book a haircut for the week of your wedding, and if you are into it, why not splurge on a spa day for a fancy shave, facial and manicure?
6. Lastly, remember to shine your shoes!
A helpful groom’s checklist can be found on the popular wedding planning blog theknot.com, to make sure you don’t forget a thing!
Photo credit: Taylor Jackson Photography and Photos by Caileigh.