We are very proud of the transformation of the Hacienda Market Garden over the past few years. Thanks to The Working Centre and many commited volunteers, our 3 acres of unused land is now a local resource for veggies, herbs, flowers, work experience, and wedding photos!
Here are some of the most beautiful pictures that brides and grooms have taken while strolling through our garden.
The pathways of the garden can make for some interesting shots.
Laughing in our flower garden! Summer is definitely evident in these multi-coloured blooms.
Getting playful with poses near the windmill.
A secret kiss in the garden as evening approaches.
The groom and his men taking a moment together.
A creative way to thank guests for being a part of your special day.
Want to see more inspiring photos? Take a look at these 19 unique nighttime moments. And to spice up your summer, we've also included a Working Centre reciepe for some in-season vegetables!
Chilled Zucchini Soup
Serves 2 – 4 People
- 3 Tbsp butter (or olive oil)
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 slices onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp curry powder
- Combine butter (or oil), zucchini, onion, and curry powder in a saucepan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Process with blender until smooth.
- Add cream and seasonings.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
If you have a green thumb that's itching to get dirty, contact the volunteers at the working centre to join in the fun!
If you'd like to visit Hacienda Sarria first hand to tour the property, visit our private venue page and fill out the form to reserve a time.