Event planners everywhere are incorporating Radiant Orchid into their 2014 wedding designs.
There are some traditions that will always be popular, but the inspiration for expressive details and colours are continually changing.
If you're planning a wedding in the near future, here is a recap of this year's colour and what it will mean for the rest of your wedding décor:
- Radiant Orchid is a complex combination of pinks, purples, and fuchsia, providing a great splash of colour especially when paired with an understated accent.
- Last year’s hue was Emerald, but it has been replaced by a more vibrant, welcoming shade meant to spark your imagination.
- Purple has always been a favourite colour choice for many brides (so we think it will be enthusiastically embraced as this year's trend).
- The purple family is known for being regal, confident, and innovative- which is exactly what the 2014 intriguing revival of classic themes is all about.
- Vibrant colours are being paired with pastels to infuse a modern style while favourite themes are being given a darker, more divine approach.
- This trend towards the darkly fantastical is reflected in the popular theme prediction for fashion and events in 2014, ‘Steampunk’.
- Steampunk, for those who don't know, is an old-fashioned Victorian-esque style with a punk-twist, usually featuring imaginative steam-powered machinery.
- The “enchanted woods” concept has also become a favourite as creative minds have taken the classic English garden idea and added their own Bohemian touch of flowing fashion styles, Mason jar décor, and natural-looking florals.
- Outdoor ceremonies and receptions are also very popular for their ability to expand your decoration possibilities (We're sure you've seen lanterns hanging from trees on Pinterest).
After all, it's a day you will never forget.