Like everything in life, not all venues are created the same.
Not only will this save you some headaches, but it will free up your time at the wedding for more important things like celebrating with friends and having special moments with loved ones.
Knowing what a venue can offer
is step 1 in your selection process. Making your decision is step 2.
A Pre-ceremony Kiss in Our Entranceway
Venue Selection Tips
In your mission to find the best venue for you and your partner, you might not know where to start. Lucky for you, we know a thing or two about wedding venues.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Do a venue walk-through. While photos, videos, and testimonials are enlightening, it's always beneficial to experience it first-hand.
2. The industry does give out certain awards and recognitions for exceptional spaces, take a look at the venues credentials or testimonials.
3. Try to schedule your venue visit for the same time of day that your wedding would be. This will give you a better sense of the space for lighting and décor.
Hacienda Sarria in the Evening Light.
5. Make sure to get any promises or guarantees in writing.
6. Last but not least, word of mouth is one of the best ways to gather honest opinions and trusted reviews of a venue.
20 Questions to Ask During Your Walk-Through
While you’re browsing websites, Pinterest, and wedding magazines, you’re probably coming up with lots of questions.
Some can be answered online, and some should be asked directly to the venue representative or Event Planner. It might be hard to remember everything you want to say during your walk-through, so to ensure nothing gets left unsaid, we’ve created a list of essential questions you’ll want to ask.
1. What is the maximum number of guests the venue can accommodate?
2. Do you have an Event Planner on staff?
3. Who is in charge of wedding setup on the day of the wedding?
4. What spaces will be available to us for the wedding?
5. Do you offer in-house catering services?
The Wedding Party Ready and Waiting in Our Lounge
5. Does the liquor lisense cover the outdoor grounds or gardens?
6. Who is in charge of the take down and clean up?
7. What time is the venue available on the day of the wedding?
8. What kind of transportation is accessible to the location?
9. Can the ceremony be held on-site?
10. Is it wheelchair accessible?
11. Who will be helping me on my wedding day?
12. Do you supply tables, chairs, linens, or place settings?
13. Is there heat or air conditioning?
14. Is the SOCAN fee included?
15. Is there a private bridal suite?
Relax and Get Ready with Your Bridesmaids in Our Bridal Suite
16. Are there any décor limitations?
17. Do you have a contingency plan for outdoor wedding ceremonies?
18. Are open flame candles allowed?
19. Do you work with any vendors exclusively?
20. Is there sufficient parking for my guests or a fee associated?
We’re sure you will have your own questions to add to this list, so don’t be shy- make sure you get all the answers you need.
(Hacienda Hint: Remember to ask the same questions at every venue. Having a list and keeping track of responses will create a convenient pro-con list to make your decision easier.)
A special moment by candlelight at the head table