When people think of getting married they don't often think of winter as the ideal season. Surprisingly, winter weddings are becoming more popular for the following reasons.
1. Romance: Longer nights give you the opportunity to enjoy the enchantment of the evening. Roaring fire, lots of candlelight, and a cozy atmosphere all add to the romance of the night.
2. Venue availability: Most venues offer reduced rates or discounts in the winter season. When looking for a winter venue, look for one that can offer all aspects of your day; ceremony, pictures, cocktail hour, and reception. This way your guests will not have to do a lot of winter driving and can relax.
3. Honeymoon: The options for tropical destinations are endless to escape the winter! It is also the perfect opportunity to plan a yearly tropical vacation to celebrate your anniversary.
4. Guest experience: The popularity of weddings during the summer months can cause wedding fatigue. By the time the winter rolls around, guests will be ready for a good party.
5. Photo opportunities: The white on white effect of a snowy day is a beautiful backdrop for unique and memorable photos. Use a fur shrug or cute boots to reflect your personal style.
Take a look at Ashley & Chris' enchanting winter wedding