Dreamy, delicious, delicate desserts! Choosing (and sampling!) your wedding cake is a delicious part of wedding planning. Modern weddings have moved away from traditional 3-tier white cakes, complete with a plastic couple on top, to a variety of unique and elegant dessert choices.
Recently, fun and fabulous alternatives to wedding cakes, inspired by the wedding theme, venue, and décor are becoming more popular, such as: cupcake towers, cake pop stands, and pie bars with ice cream. Yum!
From romantic icing ruffles, to stylish art deco detailing, see Canada’s Prettiest Wedding Cakes for 2015 in Wedding Bells, for some truly amazing and extraordinary cakes. Below are a few interesting and chic ideas to create a custom wedding cake perfect for your special day:
1. Modern and Metallic: Geometric shapes and patterns create a modern twist, and glittering gold finishes, add a dazzling flair.
2. Ombre Cakes: Fifty shades of your wedding colour look gorgeous, and create a light and lovely look that match your décor.
3. Naked Cakes: Layers of cake between delectable frosting and delicious colourful fruit showcase what’s inside, and look stunning with berries for winter weddings.
4. Decorate with Nature: Whimsical woodland touches of delicate sugared flowers, twigs, and leaves create a charming rustic feel.
5. Extra Special Touches: Incorporating an individual touch, such as: your new monogram on the cake, a tartan ribbon as a nod to your Irish heritage, or something meaningful to you both, is a wonderful way to personalize your day.
There are a lot of sweet trends being served up this year! Bride and grooms are no longer limited to the traditional wedding cake, so have fun, be creative and enjoy.