We love the chance to share our venue secrets and tips with brides and grooms!
Years of experience have taught us this 1 simple fact: where you host your wedding is about much more than tiles and bricks.
The service, atmosphere, and feeling of the venue plays a large part in creating the overall tone for your celebration. Before you make one of the most important decisions in your planning process, let’s discuss the different ways your venue can enhance your wedding experience.
Our balcony is the perfect setting for a photo of classic romance.
We truly believe that a private venue is the best choice for ensuring that your day is as intimate and relaxed as possible.
- When you book with a private venue, you won’t have to share your wedding day with another couple or worry about prospective brides dropping by to take a tour.
- Hacienda Hint: When you book with us, you are guaranteed exclusive access to the building and property for the entire day from 9:00AM-1:00AM.
- Private wedding venues tend to have more unique features and a richer atmosphere.
- Hacienda Hint: Our building is distinctive because it was not originally built as a wedding venue but a private residence. Learn more about our sweet roots.
- Private venues are more likely to have an event planner on staff. It's a planners job to listen and guide you through the planning process so you can customize your wedding to suit your personality and style.
- Private venues are more flexible when it comes to options such as floor plans, vendors, and specialty menus.
- Hacienda Hint: If it is feasible, we will make it happen; we once arranged for a Groom to arrive at Hacienda via helicopter!
- With a planner and the promise of privacy, you have a lot less details to think about on the big day. That leaves you free to mingle with guests, enjoy the celebrations, and find a relaxing moment alone with your partner.
“No two weddings will ever look the same at Hacienda Sarria.”
An old-fashioned feel of romance with a splash of red for colour.
The Possibilities are Endless
A venue should not only add to the decor and feel of the day, but the services offered should enhance the experience of your guests.
Creative, thoughtful, personalized touches are the extras that will take your day from an event to an experience.
Don't be afraid to dream big. Take a tour and imagine what your day would look like- how it would feel.
Here is our own list of services and offerings for you to use as an example. Be aware of your options and you might discover something you never knew was possible!
- Hacienda Sarria is private and you will have exclusive access on your wedding day from 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Make sure you’re confident on your big day by having a rehearsal
- All Event staff including a manger, hostess, bartenders, wait staff, and 2 security guards will be present on the day of (this is in addition to your event planner)
- You will have access to our Lounge, Courtyard, Ballroom, Coffee House, Bridal Suite, and Outdoor Gardens
For Your Convenience:
- We offer a bridal brunch for the bride and up to 9 attendants (includes a bottle of sparkling wine)
- We host a complimentary Wedding Wine Tasting event for clients to taste and select the perfect bottle for their special day
- Meet with our Culinary Team for your on-site Menu Tasting to discuss and design your menu selections
- A book of preferred vendors who have proven to work well in our space are provided upon booking
- Use our convenient online RSVP with a custom link so guests can easily and quickly respond
- Our Event Planners love to get to know couples so they can assist them to transform their wedding dreams into a reality (For a full list of what is included in our wedding planning services, please contact us at 519-585-1681)
- The bridal suite is available for hair and makeup on the morning of your special day
- If you need more time to get ready, take advantage of our early arrival
- Practical options such as AV equipment and vendor meals are also available to help you be as prepared as possible for the big day
- We roast our own coffee at Hacienda Sarria and offer it as customized thank you gifts for your guests (wedding favour package available upon request)
Our in-house roasted coffee makes a great wedding favour.
- We have numerous linen selections to choose from to find your perfect match
- A variety of chair styles and colours are available
- For your outdoor wedding, get married infront of the reflection pond
- Easels for signage, signing table, podium, microphone, and band staging are all included
- Consider your lighting options from floating candles, to tea lights, to candelabras
- White garden chairs, patio tables, and umbrellas are included in case you choose to have an outdoor ceremony or cocktail hour on our patio
- All of our high-end table settings (glassware, flatware, and china) are also included
Menu & Beverages:
- Your menu selections can be customized or you can select from various sample wedding menus
- You can create a signature cocktail to offer guests
- You can upgrade your beverage package to include premium liquors, extended bar hours, or specialty coffee service
- Design a custom exhibition food station to serve your favourite late night treats. Popular items include a slider station, mac and cheese station, poutine station, grilled cheese station, and taco station
- Gluten free, vegetarian, or other dietary restrictions can be accommodated
- A soft bar option is also offered
For more information about having your special day at Hacienda Sarria, take a look at our Weddings page or fill out this simple form to receive our 2014-2015 Wedding Package.
A first dance at a Courtyard reception.
Now that you know what to expect from a venue, you can start to make your decision. Chapter 4 of our Bridal Guide explains exactly how to choose your perfect venue.